ANECX Annual report 2011 - 2012
The EC Committee was formed in the AGM held at ICC on 14-Apr-2012 with Er. Sivasankaran as president, Er. Leena Harigovind as Vice president, Er. Santhosh kumar as Gen Sec, Er. Muftah as jt Sec , Er. Aneesh treasurer, Er. Biju davis- sports secretary, Er. Anathakrishanan - Arts sec & 4 members including Er. Shajil kader, Er Sreejith & Er. Jyothidas as ex-officio members.
In the month of August 2011 our President & jt Secretary resigned from the committee and left Qatar for good and later in April 2012 Er. Aneesh Treasurer also had to leave ANECX and Qatar. Er. Suneeb has been co-opted to committee to act as jt secretary and the same formalized in the General body held during October 2011 (Onam Eid Celebrations)
The present committee had several executive meetings to initiate, formalize and conduct various programs during our tenure which are as follows:
On 23-Jun-2011 we conducted a Ladies day at ICC, it was a fun filled program and has created a platform for our ladies to meet, share, and exchange the friendship and togetherness among Alumni members and family.
ANECX sponsorship drive started in the month of May 2010 the response from our members were excellent and we could able to collect all time high record amount of Qr 23,200 which helped us to support needy students back in our college a scholarship of Rs 8000/- per student. ANECX Distributed scholarships to 25 students selected by college based on set parameters of academically bright and economically backward students in a colorful function at college auditorium on 22-Aug-2012. Er. Nambisan , Er Sudeesh, Er. Ashique, Er. Arun, Er. Dileep and Er. Santhosh were present in the function. Worth to mention that we have collected record amount this year, thanks to Er. Dinesh & Yusaf, Er. Shajil, and Er. Sreejith, collected the top maximum amount.
After summer vacation, on 21-Oct-2011 ANCEX have conducted ONAM –EID Celebrations at WAKRA, it was a colorful event with very high participation of about 50 families totaling 130 plus head counts. The celebrations were inaugurated in Indian traditional style of lighting lamp by wives of all past presidents. A sumptuous lunch was served in banana leaves in traditional manner. The highlights of the event was broadcasted in Jeevan TV & kailrali TV and credit goes to Er. Shanawas elachola to make enough coverage in media.
On 02-Dec-2011 we have conducted sports day at Indian club. Various games such as badminton, relay race, throw ball, skipping rope, dart and other fun games were conducted in for gents/ ladies / kids. The entire participants were divided in to three houses as BLUE, RED & Yellow. Winners and runners up prizes will be awarded today on 07-Jun-2012. It was a well organized event thanks to Er. Biju davis, Er.Arun, Er. Ananthan, Er. Ashique and Sarin for the help rendered towards smooth conduct of the event.
ANECX Participated in EF cricket tournament which was held in the month of February2012 under the captaincy of Er. Pradeep john and vice captain Er. Mohan. Even though we were out in group matches our team made an exemplarily performance. We had to face lot of difficulties in setting up the team as most of our young bachelor players were on vacation. I would like to pay a special thanks to Er. Mohan and Er. Riyas has taken a lot of pain and rent less efforts to arrange the team in a short period. Thanks to our Member Er. Dileep sponsored our team jersey in the name of his company M/s. Anvin Qatar.
Kudos to Er. Suneeb, the person behind tennis court and tournament. ANECX Qatar has conducted in-house tennis tournament for our members on 24-feb-2012 at Kalifa tennis complex, Er. Shajil won under men’s category and Master Fahim won in junior category.
Towards our contribution for healthy generations, ANECX have conducted a technical seminar on “ Healty life style By Dr. Ronni, Consultant Nephrologist of HAMAD Hospital, on 10-Apr-2012 at ICC. It was indeed an informative session Dr. explained the importance of exercise and types of food to maintain healthy life. Thanks to Er. Biju daivs to arrange Dr from HAMAD.
On 13- Apr-2012 ANECX conducted a family outing to al shamal garden, 2 buses were arranged by Er. Santhosh kumar and Er. Udyabanu and started from LULU parking. It was a full day event from 09:30 AM to 3:30 PM, breakfast, lunch & evening tea were served. Several family games were conducted. The entire participants were divided in to two groups for healthy competition spirit. Er. Vinodkumar, Er. Manoj Thomas and Er. Shajil kader were taken lead role in coordinating the outing and conducting the games.
ANECX team participated in EF indoor games, Er. Sarin & Er. Biju and Er. Riyas & Er. Haris babu participated EF badminton doubles. It was a clean sweep by team ANECX, Er. Sarin & Biju Won doubles and Er. Riyas & haris were runners up. Our junior team Anirudh Santhosh & Siva Sarin won junior doubles title.
ANECX conducted a spectacular event ‘Inter alumni volley ball tournament cum food festival’ Aaravam. This was conducted in magnificent way on 18 & 25 May 2012 at Al Arabi volley ball association indoor hall. The event of such big magnitude was initiated, planned, executed and concluded just within 5 weeks and credit goes to the blood and brain of the event Er. Arun & Er. Ashique.
Aaravam received a remarkable response from various alumnus and general public, total 12 teams were registered for the event, group matches were conducted on 18-May2-12 . Semifinals, final along with food fest and family gala were performed on 25-May-2012. Apart from ANECX member’s homemade food stall, henna, face painting, magic show dress and jewelry exhibition were main attraction of the event. To our surprise the response among general public was tremendous, about 1000 plus people including alumni members were witnessed the event.
In spite of lack of complete committee members, hope this committee could rise up to your expectation, I would like express my sincere thanks to all my fellow committee members, advisory board members, other senior member and of course each one of you for the help, support and guidance.
ANECX Annual report 2012 - 2013
Below listed are the significant activities of Anecx in this year :
As part of our yearly contribution, we disbursed scholarships to the needy and deserving twenty five selected students on 25th August 2012 in a function conducted in our college auditorium.
Scholarship amount was increased from Rs.8000 to Rs.10000 from this year onwards. Prakash Madhavan, Santhosh Kumar, Dinesh Govind, Yousuf Vanarath and Haris Babu were present representing Anecx during the function.
EF Volley Ball
Anecx bagged Runners-up trophy in the recently concluded Inter Engineering College Alumini Volleyball Tournament conducted by Engineering Forum Qatar. Youth team of MES Engineering College Alumini really struggled to defeat us in the final. Anecx Captain Ashique deserves a big applaud for moulding the strong team.
We have put up strong 65 points after end of volleyball tournament to lead the overall points table. With only football and Tennis matches to be completed we are marching forward towards lifting the overall championship.
In the indoor games conducted before the Volleyball tournament, Shajil won Cards Rummy game, Riyas and Ashique paired to win Carrom Doubles in the Men’s Category. Nihal Riyas and Mishal Riyas paired to win the first prize in the Children’s Category.
Our team of Biju Davis and Sarin won the Men’s Doubles Badminton and Riyas and Haris Babu were Runners-up in the same category. Shiv Sarin and Anirudh Santhosh also won the Children’s badminton tournament.
Above mentioned outstanding performances has helped us to stay top in the overall standings.
Biju Davis was the worthy winner for suggesting the name “ Sargolsavam” for the Arts and Cultural Competitions. Anecx members participated with great passion and put up superlative performances on stage and bagged many prizes. Highlights of the competition were Ananya K. Manoj and Milan M. Manoj in the Memory test competition, Manoj Thomas in the Light Music, Ciji Manoj in Malayalam Story Writing. Performance by Milan M.Manoj in the Fancy Dress Competition was really spellbound.
Price Winners of ANECX in Sargothsavam
A) Adults, Cherukada
Writing - Malayalam:
nd Prize: Mrs. Cigi Manoj
B) Grades 2 to 4, Memory Test:
I st Prizes: Ananya K Manoj & Milen M Manoj
C) Grades 2 to 4, Story Telling,
3 rd Prize: Milen M Manoj
D) Grade 5 to 7, Lalitha
1 st Prize: Nageena Zainab
E) Adults, Male, Lalitha
1 st Prize: Er. Manoj Thomas
F) Grade 2 to 4, Fancy Dress:
1 st Prize -- Milen M Manoj
G) Grades 2 to 4, Group Dance:
3 rd Prize -- Team, comprising Tushar
Govind, Abhijeet Raju, Aditya Raju,
Athira Santhosh, Diya Dileep, Afreen
Yousef, Prarthana, Khadeeja Ilham.
H) Grades 5 to 7, Group Dance:
2 nd Prize -- Team,
comprising Shweta Arun,
Julia, Johann, Annlia, Amal,
Liyana, Siddharth, Samee, Varun, Kalyani.
I) Adults, Group Song:
2 nd Prize -- Team,
comprising Er. Manoj Thomas, Er. Ashique Ahamed, Er. Mohan, Er. Praveen Sarath, Megha Praveen, Sowmya, Leena, Nageena Zainab.
We lost our one of our stalwart, Mr.Ashwini Kumar on 26th September 2012. He collapsed while jogging in the Corniche and succumbed to heart attack before being taken to Hamad Hospital. A condolence meeting was conducted on 30th September 2012 at ICC as a mark of respect for Ashwini.
As always our Onam celebrations were arranged at Skills Development Center on 28th September 2012 , but due to untimely death of Ashwini Kumar celebrations were cancelled.
Leaving For Good
Anecx gave a bidding farewell on 7th July 2012 to our active member Mr.Unnikrishnan fondly called as “Unniatten” who was leaving Qatar. He was accompanied by his wife Ramani and son Rithick.
Anecx also gave farewell on 17th October 2012 to Mr. Suneeb, lifeline of Anecx in the recent past, was moving to Abudhabi for better assignments.
Anecx Sports Day is the most anticipated event in the upcoming season.
ANECX Annual report 2013 - 2014
Activities of 2013-14 started with the Annual General Meeting conducted at Hotel Holiday Villa on 13 June 2013 in which the new committee was elected and sworn in. Performance of the previous committee was well appreciated and the new committee promised to perform to the expectation.
Scholarship distribution was the first activity of the year. The function arranged at the college on 13 August 2013 was presided by Principal Prof. K R Chandrasekhara Pillai and scholarship distribution was inaugurated by the Principal. Scholarship of Rs. 12,000/- each was distributed to 25 students selected based on merit and income. This noble gesture of Anecx was well appreciated by Dr Sreemahadavan Pillai and Smt Nisha. Anecx conducted a seminar on career planning which was well attended by a large number of final and prefinal students.
Onam was celebrated on 13 September at Hotel Crystal Palace with a grand traditional Onasadya and various cultural programmes.
Anecx participated in the Ladies Day celebration of EF on 01 Nov 2013 and Anecx members made their own beautiful stall “Anecx Wonder Land” our ladies managed stall which sold items for kids and Ladies. Annex family participated in various competitions and won prices.
Annual Sports Day of Anecx was conducted on 15 November 2013 at Indian Club Doha, this event was noticed by the great participation of families and the friendly competition between the houses. Civil has become overall champions, IC/EC/CS cluster become runner up and Mechanical retained third position.
Anecx is being participated in various sports/cultural competitions conducted by EF and have won kudos for emerging as the first runner up in the Foot ball tournament.
Anecx annual picnic was on 24 January 2014 at the beautiful Olympic park at Simaisma beach. In addition to various family fun games, games like cricket, foot ball and tug of war was conducted. Kids really enjoyed kite running introduced for the first time.
Major Programmes from 2014 January to so far.
16th April 2014, Wednesday - Reception
ANECX is organized a Reception for Dr A Nirmal Kumar, Former prof and HOD, EE dep of NSS college, who was in Doha for a short visit.
Date: 16th April 2014, Wednesday
Venue:- ICC Mumbai Hall.
EF cultural events Day 1 April 4th
ANECX participated most of the events and bagged so many prizes so that become top in the list.
28th March 2014, 5PMAnecx Career Planning Workshop II
Organized By ANECX Qatar at ICC Mumbai Hall
On Friday, 28 March 2014, 5PM
We discussed about
1) Preparation of CV
2) Interview techniques
3) Find jobs
4) Analysis job markets
5) Analyzing your position
6) Risk analysis
7) How you can match the employers requirements
8) Higher thinking about better careers
9) Upgrade your skills
10) Various options to improve your career profile
11) Marketing yourself
12) Personal experience/discussions/ guidance and a lot more
26th February 2014 Sent off to HarisBabu
Organized to bon voyage to Harisbabu, our beloved sports secretary, on 26th February Wednesday at Crystal Palace Hotel, Near Mannai R/A at 7:30PM.
21st February 2014 EF double wicket tournament
Pradeep John and Ubais representedAnecx team in the double wicket tournament.
14th February Cricket quarter final:-
Anecx have been knocked out of EF tournament in today's quarterfinals. Opponent was Qgeck.
7th February Cricket 2nd league match:-
Anecx won our second league match of the EF tournament with clinical perfection against LBS Kasaragode.Batting fist after winning the toss LBS were all out for 66 in the 15th over due to some superb bowling by our Ubais,Dhanesh.Pradeep John .JayaKrihnan and Noufal.Dhanesh and Ubais took 4 wickets each and Dhanesh proved his value as a bowler in the team though he had a bad day at the office in the previous match.In reply we lost 2 quick wickets but Ubais and Prasanth played so confidently and the match was over in the tenth over with a towering six by Ubais .Ubais scored 41 not out and Prasanth scored 17 not out..Special mention to our great fielding as all the catches except one were taken in the outfield ,two catches by Riyas and one from Pradeep and jayaKrishan were exceptional..Haris behind the stump was solid as a rock as usual and took two good catches.
31st January Cricket 1st league match:-
Anecx played our first match of EF cricket tournament 2014 on 31st January.
Unfortunately we lost our match against a strong KEF side though we put up a great fight.
13th February 2014, 7PM Anecx Career Planning Workshop I
Anecx discussed about
1) Higher thinking about better careers
2) Upgrade your skills
3) Various options to improve your career profile
4) Marketing your self- value addition through higher qualifications/ certifications and memberships.
5) Pathway to UPDA certifications
6) Pathway to MRICS
7) Personal experience/discussions/ guidance and a lot more
Organizers : ANECX Qatar
Venue : ICC Mumbai Hall
Schedule : Thursday, 13 February 2014, 7PM
Trainers : Eminent scholars
24th January , ANECX Tour to SumaismaOlymbic park on 24th January.
Anecx organized a Tour to SumaismaOlymbicpark and beach with fun filled games and events.
EF Football finals 20-12-2013.
We bagged Runners-up, Best player of the tournament, best goal keeper & Best defender of the tournament
EF Football finals 20-12-2013.
ANECX Annual report 2015 - 2016
Dear Anecx Family,
It is a great honour, as General Secretary, to be presenting Secretary’s Report on the activities of Anecx over the past year. I would like to extend a warm welcome to all members to our Annual General Meeting tonight. We need all the support that we can get in order to carry out all the many functions required to run an alumini of this size which caters for over 200 members.
The goal of my report is to outline the events conducted in the year 2015-2016, and the effort taken by the Ex Com members.
During 2015-16 we held 10 Executive Committee Meetings with the team formed on 22nd May 2015 with Er. MujeebKabeer as President, Er. ArchanaDhaneesh as Vice President,Er. Preejith Padmanabhan as General Secretary, Er. Mohammed Ashpher as Treasurer, Er. Mohan Vengathattil as Joint Secretary (Cultural), Er. Anathakrishnan as Joint Secretary (Data Collection) ,Er. Joseph Sibie Davis as Joint Secretary (Sports), Er. SudishAndavan, Er. Praveen Kumar K.P ,Er. Bigil P and Er. Subha Nair as Executive committee members and with Er. Dinesh Govind, Er. DileepBalakrishnan and Er. Mohammed Nizar as Ex-Officio members.
The following is a brief summary of Anecxevents over the year.
1) Bowling: We kicked off our events with action and fun to rejuvenate us and thence the Bowling competition were conducted at Messaid Sports Club on 5th June 2015. We introduced prediction and photographic contest to have more interaction among ourselves. We received a very good feedback and it instantly became a memorable event in the history of Anecx.
2) Iftar Meet: The bowling competition followed up with Iftar Party on 24th June 2015 at Ashoka Hall in the Indian Cultural Center. We had an overwhelming response for Iftar, which was enlighted by Er. Showkat Ali with his excellent speech about importance of Ramadan. This event represented the Anecx members spirit and unity.
3) Scholarship Distribution: Scholarship distribution was conducted on 17th August 2015 (Monday) at our College Auditorium at 11:30 am. The Scholarship amount of Rs.12,000.00 was distributed to 25 deserving students selected by our teachers. Er. SudishAndavan was present in the college and coordinated the entire event. I would like to thank Ms. Vasanthi V, Associate Professor, for her support and necessary help inconducting the event successfully.
4) Discover Kerala Tour Programme: We also planned to conduct ashort family tour programme to Malampuzha and Nelliampathy after the scholarship distribution on 17th to 18th August 2015, but were dropped at the last stages due to poor patronage.
5) Onam Fest &Eid Celebrations: &Eid Celebration are always a special event in Anecx Calendar and were conducted with a huge turnout at Spice Boat Restaurant on 18th September 2015. Event like Pookalam, Thiruvathira, dance and Orchestra enthralled the audience. We had technical hiccups due to unavailability of the proposed venue yet all the arrangements were completed in 4 days of time. I extend my big kudos to my colleagues Er. Joseph Sibie and Er. Ashpher for their support.
6) Men’s Day Out: Then was our time for an adventureand journey into the sea was a first time experience for many of us. It was an opportunity to prove the Fishing skills in the sea. Er. Ashpher (First Catch), Er. Basheer (Most Catch), Er. Santhosh (Biggest Catch) were awarded for their skills during the adventure. The entire committee would thank Er. Basheer for support and sharing his fishing skills to all present. This event also marked 100% attendance by the confirmations we received.
7) Ladies Day Out: We had a grand Ladies day at Qapco Club, Messaid from 4 pm onwards on 30th October 2015. The response received from the ladies who participated in the events were encouraging to conduct such events. On behalf of the committee we would like to thank all the people who were involved in the meet and especially to Er. Archana for coordinating the event and Er. Ashpher&Er. AbooNavas for the sponsorships.
8) Aparichitar Movie: Anecx Short Movie “ APARICHITAR” was screened at the Skills Development Center on 21st November 2015 at 7:30 pm. It was a quality movie developed by Mr. Kamal and crew with limited resources and constraints. Thanksto all, for turning up in numbers to appreciate our talents even though it was screened on a working day. I would like to congratulate the team members of the movie, Er. Kamal, Er. Prakash Madhavan, Er. Sajith, Er. Joseph Kalloli, Er. Archana, Er. Dhaneesh, Master WaseemMoidu andMissVygha for their great work. Also, Er. Soumya and Miss. ShwethaArun for their roles in the “Making of the movie”.
9) Sports Day:As per the decision of the EXCOM and the lessons learned from the last sports day in 2014, it was decided to conduct a full week of sports activities "ANECX SPORTS WEEK". For better participation in the events all the ANECX members were divided into the following teams, based on engineering branches.Much awaited sports day was conducted at Qapco Club, Messaidon 11th December 2015, thereby concluding the one week of sporting activities taken place at various venues.The turnout was the highest for any sports day conducted by Anecx. We had over 30 events most of them concurrently and our Sports Secretary Er. Sibie Josephmanaged the show in a very professional way which was highly commendable. Also, the entire members cooperated to come forward and volunteer forthe events, showing the excellent Sportive spirit of Anecx.
10) BBQ Evening: Our outing was converted to a BBQ evening clubbed with Karaoke Musical night. It was led by Er. Mohan with support of Er. Ashique andEr. Riyas. It was conducted on 29th January 2016, underlined as one of the coldest day in Qatar.Er. BapooSafeer’s timely involvement made sure that our venue was secure and the event went on without any intervention even in the adverse climate. Our member’s BBQ skills were on display and all the marinated items were homemade.
The event also gave birth to idea of in house Orchestra “Kalpathi Bridge”.
11) EF Sports Activities: During the tenure of the current EXCOM the following tournaments were conducted by the EF.
1) Al Khaleej Volleyball Tournament 2015
2) EF Doha Cables foot ball tournament
3) EF Doha Cables Tennis Tournament 2015
ANECX participated in all the three tournaments, and were crowned as the first runners up in the AlKhaleej Volleyball Tournament. The tournament made a big difference with infusion of young bloods clubbed with our old war horses. It was indeed a proud moment for Anecx. Our team was well supported by large number of Anecx Army in the crowds who were there till the end of the match which got over very late night.
This report is incomplete without mentioning the achievement of our super kids. Mishal MohammedRiyas won Gold in Table Tennis (Under -12) team event and Bronze in the Individual event representing MES Indian School in the School Olympics program competition participated by all Schools in Qatar. He is at present a registered player with Qatar Olympic Association in U-12 Category and representing Al Arabi Club in Club matches.
Anirudh Santhosh won Gold in Under-16 Badminton Doubles and was Runner-up in the Singles event held in the month of 24th March 2016.
FarhanaAshique excelled in All India Senior School Certificate Examination held on March 2015 with an outstanding score of 95,95,91,95,91 in individual subjects.
We wish to congratulate all the kids and their parents for their encouragement and support and hope they will continue with their good works in the years to come.
I wish to apologise in advance if I have omitted the contribution or achievement of any individual as the above mentioned information are only available with me.
Database Updation: Our database updation has been given utmost priority in our Executive committee. Apart from the regular emails the updation of the activities in Anecx are done through social medias like Whatsapp group and Facebook. I request you all to continue by providing your valuable information at the right time for conducting the events and to effectively pass the information.
Global Alumini Meetis being organized at NSSCE Palakkadon 30thJuly 2016 and 31st July 2016.Er Dinesh Govindwill be coordinator from Anecx for this Alumni Global Meet. On behalf of our committee request you to participate in the event and expecting your usual support and cooperation.
EF representatives: Anecx is proud to have our stalwartsEr. Santhoth Kumar as Treasurer, Er. Dileep as joint Secretary and Er.JosephSibi as Anecx Representative of the newly formed Engineering Forum Committee. I congratulate and wish them good luck to perform well in the new assigned roles. Also would like to request allAnecx members to provide their utmost support and cooperation to them.
Fundraising is a vital component for any club, to not only survive, but to also ensure that we can develop. While Fundraising is increasingly harder due to new restrictions. I propose to increase the Membership fee from QR 50 to Qr 100 which would be put in the AGM for approval. I would like to thank you all for your continued support in our efforts over the past 12 months
Our vision should be, that everybody has the opportunity to be welcomed to take part in our activities, to participate fully, to grow,socialise and to be inspired to keep a lifelong engagement and continuedfriendship withAnecxand our Alma matter.
To conclude – I would like to thank everybody that has helped me throughout the year inorder to fulfil the post ofGeneral Secretary and I hereby submit my report to the meeting.
General Secretary (2015-2016)